Indicate Safe Frame areas in the viewport.
- [Instructor] To accurately frame your camera angles…you'll need to enable safe frames…to crop the viewport to the aspect ratio…of the rendering.…If you don't turn on safe frames,…then you may get some unpleasant surprises…when you do a render.…So, I'm going to illustrate that…using the physical camera I created in the previous movie.…I'm going to resize the viewport itself,…change its rectangular aspect ratio…by widening the command panel.…
Position the cursor over the border…between the viewports and the command panel,…click and drag to the left…and expand that command panel…until you see several columns.…Now we have a different shape to the rectangle…in each viewport.…I'm going to position the camera in a very peculiar way…just to illustrate the point here.…Using the middle mouse button,…I'll position the camera at a low angle…and make it so that the wall actually touches…the top of the viewport there.…
So, that's the edge of the frame,…so that corner just barely touches…the top of the frame there.…Okay, now I'll do a test rendering.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.