Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Enabling the Alembic plugins, part of Advanced 3ds Max and Maya Integration.
- Alembic is an open source file format for…interchange between 3D applications.…It was primarily developed at…Sony Imageworks and Lucas Films.…Now it's integrated into the Autodesk pipeline.…If you have Maya 2015 and 3ds Max 2015…extension one or later you'll have the benefit…if import and export to Alembic,…which is designed for a high volume data sets.…In other words, lots of deforming animation meshes.…
We are going to now enable the plug-ins…so that we can export out of Maya.…Go into the Window menu and choose Settings,…Preferences, Plug-in Manager, and right up…at the top you'll see Abc, that's Alembic.…We can load it and auto load it…for both the export and the import.…Directly at the top above those two…is listed AbcBullet, that's the plug-in…to enable cash functionality for…the Bullet Physics Engine, which I cover…in another course, Dynamic Simulations with Maya Bullet.…
We don't need it right now, but we do need…AbcExport and import and click close.…That takes effect immediately.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Managing and tracking assets
- Setting up a shared texture library
- Streamlining user interfaces
- Using Maya mode hotkeys in 3ds Max
- Harmonizing scene units and frame rates
- Rendering procedural textures to bitmaps
- Translating scenes with the FBX file format
- Correcting materials, lighting, and surfaces
- Using the Send To command
- Baking animation to keyframes
- Saving a geometry cache
- Distilling complex animation with Alembic
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross4h 31m Intermediate
1. Managing Assets
Asset tracking in 3ds Max4m 19s
2. Harmonizing Preferences
3. Transferring Materials
4. Transferring Models and Animation
5. Transferring Data with Alembic
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.