Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Embedding media in FBX, part of Advanced 3ds Max and Maya Integration.
- If we don't want to worry so much about file paths…we can embed the textures into the FBX document.…That's with the feature called Embed Media.…Let's export with that feature enabled.…Go into the application menu and choose export, export…To the FBX format…I'll give it a name ArtistMannequin_embed.fbx…Click save.…We get the FBX export dialogue.…
Scroll down a bit to embed media…open that up and enable it.…Click okay.…Let's now investigate.…Should be saved into our export folder…In our 3ds Max Project Export.…ArtistMannequin_embed.…Notice how much larger it is than the previous example.…It's got 20 megabytes worth of textures in it.…I'll take that and copy it…right click and copy.…
Go over to the Maya project…paste that in…and then open up Maya and import.…File import…I want to go to the import folder within my Maya project…ArtistMannequin_embed…Import.…We get that layer color message here.…It's nothing important.…
Dully back.…We still have the issue here…of our service normals having problems.…but if we go up into a textured mode with the 6 key…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Managing and tracking assets
- Setting up a shared texture library
- Streamlining user interfaces
- Using Maya mode hotkeys in 3ds Max
- Harmonizing scene units and frame rates
- Rendering procedural textures to bitmaps
- Translating scenes with the FBX file format
- Correcting materials, lighting, and surfaces
- Using the Send To command
- Baking animation to keyframes
- Saving a geometry cache
- Distilling complex animation with Alembic
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross4h 31m Intermediate
1. Managing Assets
Asset tracking in 3ds Max4m 19s
2. Harmonizing Preferences
3. Transferring Materials
4. Transferring Models and Animation
5. Transferring Data with Alembic
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.