Edit position keyframes in the viewports.
- [Instructor] If this were a more complicated…walkthrough animation, we might opt to attach the camera…to a spline using a path constraint,…but this is a very simple case, and that would be overkill.…And I covered the path constraint technique…in another course, which is 3ds Max: Cinematography.…In this case, we can get very good results…just using the motion pass feature…of the standard position channels.…So all we have to do is select our animated object…and go over to the Motion panel,…and then activate Motion Pass.…
And we can see that object's trajectory…or path moving through space.…I'll get in closer, control + alt and middle-mouse,…take a look in the perspective view here too,…and this explains partially why…our animation looked a little bit strange,…and that's because it's doing this kind of strange…horseshoe shape movement, where it's actually kind of…moving forward relative to its own line of sight…or film back.…It's actually moving forward a little bit…and then moving back.…
And we can clean this up and make it just a nice arc…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.