Edit keyframes and ranges in the Timeline.
- [Instructor] The timeline not only displays…keyframes for the selected object,…but allows us to edit those keyframes' position.…Let's take a look at editing keys in the timeline.…I'll choose the Select Object tool…and click on the animated object, which is the camera,…and its keyframes are displayed in the timeline.…And we can simply click on these to select them.…A selected keyframe is highlighted in white,…and then we can just click and drag…to reposition it in time.…
We're not changing the values.…In other words, we're not changing…the position of the camera.…We're merely changing when it arrives at that position.…So, if I move that keyframe to earlier in time,…such as frame 30, and play the animation,…we'll see that it moves very fast…in the first part of the animation,…and then slows down very abruptly.…Or likewise, if I move this keyframe…to very late in the timeline,…rewind and play back.…
We'll see that the first part is very slow,…and then it speeds up very quickly.…All right, I'll put that back where it was in the middle,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.