Edit keyframes in the Curve Editor.
- [Instructor] For the greatest…and finest control over animation data,…you'll use the curve editor to adjust…the interpolation between key frames.…And that's the filling in of unknown data.…For key framing in computer animation,…we just set position and rotation data…on particular points in time,…and then the computer fills in all of the in between data.…And we control how that in-betweening…or interpolation happens using the curve editor.…
I'll select the camera object that's animated.…I can open the curve editor from the graph editors menu,…track view curve editor,…or from a button on the main toolbar,…over here, curve editor.…So I'll click on that.…And we see the animated tracks…of the selected object by default.…And we can resize this in the usual ways.…Control, alt and middle mouse…to zoom in or our or up or down.…
So control, alt, middle mouse all at once…let's us zoom in and out.…And the middle mouse by itself lets us pan.…We can also use the mouse wheel…to dolly back or zoom out.…And just frame this up.…So we've got key frame data on…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.