Convert spline control vertices.
- [Presenter] In the previous movie, we created…a freehand spline by simply dragging the cursor.…And that created a kind of a primitive object…that we cannot edit, add a component, or sub-object level.…If we want to move these knots or control vertices around…to change the shape of the spline,…we'll need to convert it to an editable spline.…If we select it now and go to the modify panel,…it's an object type of freehand.…And we can change the sampling, but…we can't change the overall shape.…
We're going to convert this to an editable spline.…And before we do that, we want to make sure we have…the right value for sampling, because we won't be able…to change that afterwards because this is a destructive act.…With a sampling value of two, I'll right click on the spline…and then choose 'convert to'…from the FAD menu there,…and in the cascading menu, 'convert to editable spline'.…
And now it's converted to an editable spline…and we can select individual vertices.…And go into vertex mode and select a point,…and then we can move it around, maybe in the top view.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.