Smudge and Relax UVs with paint tools
- [Voiceover] The Unwrap UVW Modifier…has some new brush based tools that will allow you…to edit the UVs in a very intuitive fashion.…In order for us to see what we're doing most effectively…in the Viewport here, I'm going to increase the resolution…of the Viewport textures.…In the Viewport menus, go to the plus sign,…click on that and choose Configure Viewports.…In the Display Performance tab,…increase the Texture Map's Resolution to 1024.…
And click OK.…Now we've got a bit sharper resolution here.…I'll select the landscape object.…Go into the Modify Panel and add a Modifier.…Scroll down to the bottom.…And it's Unwrap UVW.…Once that's been added,…scroll down to the Edit UVs roll-out.…And open the UV Editor.…Let's display our texture in the UV Editor itself.…From the pull-down in the upper right…choose map number zero, UV.jpeg.…
That's the texture file that's assigned to this material.…And let's zoom in both the Edit UVWs dialogue…and the Perspective View to the lower left corner here…using the keyboard and mouse controls,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- New viewport display menus
- Using the standalone Asset Library
- Visualizing computational fluid dynamics
- Exporting to Print Studio for 3D printing
- Saving models and animation with the Game Exporter
- Building complex objects with new Booleans
- Modeling and mapping with new TextPlus primitive
- Editing keyframes with new Curve Editor tools
- Applying skin weights with Voxel and Heat Map solvers
- Mapping spline textures with shape maps
- Simulating surfaces with Physical Material
- Rendering with ART
- Rendering in the cloud with A360
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. The New 3ds Max Interface
2. Assets and Interoperability
3. Modeling and Animation
4. Materials and Mapping
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.