Edit the shape of a spline curve.
- [Instructor] Let's go a bit deeper…into the editable spline object…and learn more about the many tools…that are available to us in there.…We can start by creating another line…and attaching it to the current line.…And this time, I won't use the freehand spline workflow.…I'll use the editable spline workflow.…I went to the Create panel, to Splines,…and click on Line, and we'll draw in the left view,…going to make a curved line coming down from the monitor back,…and somewhere near the existing freehand line.…
Click to create the first point, and then move the mouse,…and I'm not holding the mouse button down right now.…Then click and drag,…and I'm setting the position of the point,…and as long as I hold the mouse down,…I am setting a position for a tangent handle.…And then when I release the mouse,…then I can create another point.…So, click and drag to create a curve line.…Come all the way down here…and click one more time to end that line.…
And then we don't want to create that last point,…so, right click to exit creation mode.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.