Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video The Edit UVs rollout, part of Mastering UVW Mapping in 3ds Max.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- As we will be focusing exclusively,…in Chapter Four on working with the tools…found in 3ds Max's UV Editor window,…in this look at the options…found inside the Edit UVs Rollout,…we're going to skip over the Open UV Editor button…and focus, instead, on the other tool options…that can be found here, starting, first of all,…with the Tweak In View button.…This is a tool, as the name suggests,…that can be extremely useful in helping us make…minor but critical tweaks to our applied UVW Mapping,…right here in the 3ds Max View Port.…
If I just hit the P key to switch to a Perspective View,…and then middle-mouse scroll to zoom in just a little here,…we can assume that we have already unwrapped…and laid out our Mesh in the UV Editor,…and have subsequently noticed…that there are just one or two things…that we're not completely happy with.…Now, we could reopen the UV Editor…and make some tweaks to the Mapping in there…if we so desired, but why go to the trouble…when all we need to do is come in to Sub-Object mode.…
I will use Vertex here, engage the Tweak In View button,…
- What are UVW coordinates?
- Understanding UVW space
- Autogenerating coordinates
- Using map channels
- Working with the World XYZ and Object XYZ systems
- Peel and pelt mapping
- Reshaping UV elements
- Relaxing UVs
- Rendering out a UV template
Skill Level Intermediate
Textures and Materials in 3ds Maxwith Steve Nelle7h 44m Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
1. UVW Mapping Basics
2. Digging a little deeper
3. Unwrap UVW Modifier Controls
4. The Edit UVW Interface
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.