Attaching the components can be a difficult part of modeling in components. When we take the time to do this properly, we can save ourselves time and frustration later in the modeling pipeline.
- [Instructor] Continuing on our creation…of our screw thread from the previous video,…let's select our object and then press the W key…in order to engage the Move tool.…Holding down the Shift key,…let's right-click in the view port…to bring up our Snap options, turn off Grid Points,…and then Shift right-click again…so as to enable the text snapping.…Whilst in the Snap Squad menu,…we need to make sure that the…Enable Access Constraints in Snap option…is turned on, because we're going to want to…constrain our moves here to just the vertical axes.…
Jumping into our left view then,…let's maximize using the Alt and W keys,…press S to enable snapping,…and then left-click on the move gizmos…or paccess in order to constrain our moves…in this view port to just up and down.…If we hover our cursor over this bottom vertex…until we see the cursor change to a move icon,…now we can hold down the Shift key,…and then left click and drag until our snapping…locks our button and top vertices…to the same pint in 3-D space.…
What we need to do now of course…
- Modeling with splines
- Creating a working grid
- Duplicating and welding components
- Extruding complex shapes from components
- Building shapes with primitives
- Applying subdivision creasing
- Box modeling
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Intermediate
1. Modeling with splines
2. Creating Complex Shapes from Components
3. Building with Primitives
4. Modeling with Edge Cuts
5. Box Modeling
What's next?1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.