Clone objects in spatial patterns.
- [Narrator] We can begin the layout…of our scene by blocking out the locations…of these columns, which are evenly spaced.…And the image plane of the floor plan.…So we can go ahead and create a column and then…duplicate it multiple times, using the array tool.…Let's create a cylinder.…In the create panel, geometry standard primitives,…click on cylinder, click and drag anywhere…in the perspective view to set…the cylinder radius.…Release the mouse and drag upward to…set its height.…
Click to complete that cylinder.…And right click to exit the tool.…Before we make duplicates of it,…let's set its parameters.…Go into the modify panel, and rename it.…Instead of cylinder 001, let's call it…column 001, and change it's color, too.…We'll make it a little darker.…Click on the object color,…and when you have the object color dialogue, and,…there aren't really good options for grey here.…We have black, white, and we have a bright gray.…
Let's add a custom color, click on the…'add custom colors' button, and we get…the color selector.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.