Let's now reuse our hard work and duplicate the mesh, so that we can reattach it later and then use the mesh as a whole to add thickness to it. We will also fix a problem using the edit poly modifier, so that we only need to do fixes and edits once.
- [Instructor] With a single component…of our guard piece completed, we're going to use…this exercise to create and position…the three copies that we need in order…to complete the basic shape as a whole.…After selecting our mesh in the front view port then,…let's hit the Alt and W keys to maximize the view,…and gauge the rotate tool by means of the E key,…and then, with the angle snap option turned on…and while holding down the shift key,…click and drag to rotate by 90 degrees.…We will want three copies here,…so let's set that, and then click okay.…
We can use the move tool to visually separate these…in the view port, if we like,…because what we're going to do is use vertex snapping…to place them in the exact locations that we need,…which, essentially, means overlapping each of the corners.…Grabbing either of the vertices on a corner piece then,…let's start snapping these into place,…making certain that we are zoomed in close enough…to the geometry in the view for the snaps…to be nice and accurate, and, as we go here,…
- Modeling with splines
- Creating a working grid
- Duplicating and welding components
- Extruding complex shapes from components
- Building shapes with primitives
- Applying subdivision creasing
- Box modeling
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Intermediate
1. Modeling with splines
2. Creating Complex Shapes from Components
3. Building with Primitives
4. Modeling with Edge Cuts
5. Box Modeling
What's next?1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.