Set Preferences for nonscaling objects.
- [Instructor] In the chapter on working with cameras,…we'll begin by learning how to make…the cameras larger in the viewport.…And this is not a property of the camera,…but rather a preference of 3ds Max.…Let's create a new camera, and when creating a new camera,…I always recommend that you choose the physical camera…rather than the legacy camera,…and whether you choose to create the camera…from the menus, or from the command panel over here,…if we go to create cameras, really I always recommend…that you use the physical camera.…
Target and Free are here, to be compatible…with old versions of 3ds Max,…but the Physical camera is basically better in every regard.…Click the button to activate Creation Mode,…and then create the camera either…in the top or perspective viewport.…I'll create one in the top view here.…Click and hold the mouse down, and drag.…The position that you click at will be the camera position.…Drag out to set the target position, release the mouse,…and then right-click to exit the tool.…
Depending upon your preference or situation,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Improving productivity in the viewports
- Customizing display and camera options
- Rigging a camera for animation
- Controlling and keyframing rotations
- Prioritizing pan, tilt, and roll axis order
- Keyframing camera movement such as pan and dolly
- Keyframing compound camera movement
- Animating a camera crane or jib arm
- Animating a walk-through with Path Constraint
- Projecting an isometric view
- Defining motion blur parameters
- Blurring by distance with depth of field
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
1. Viewport Tips and Tricks
2. Working with Cameras
3. Rigging and Animation
4. Compound Camera Animation
5. Special Effects
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.