Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Diffuse color switch, part of 3ds Max: Rendering for Composites.
- With the After Effects project that we created…at the end of the previous exercise opened up,…let's take a look in this video…at one way in which we could use…the custom matte render created in 3ds Max…to perform some quick and to color corrections…on the miniature cooking parts…that we have sitting on our shelf here.…To do that with the After Effects timeline,…set again to around about frame 195.…We can select the Still Enabled Lighting…and Ambient Occlusion Lanes,…and then right click and create…a pre-comp from them,…naming it Lighting & Diffuse.…
As we will also need a duplicate…of this layer comp to work with,…let's hit the control plus D keys…to create that.…Next, as we will be wanting to make use…of our custom matte sequence,…we need to go and place a copy…of it inside the Elements comp.…We can do this by grabbing the footage…in the Project panel and then performing…a simple drag and drop.…As we don't need this footage to be visible,…we can simply click the eyeball icon…to turn the layer off.…
We can then come over to the Effects & Presets…
- Making a pipeline decision
- Understanding how state sets work
- Using state sets for rendering passes
- Setting element parameters
- Creating a custom matte pass
- Installing Compositor Link
- Outputting rendering footage to After Effects
- Adding post-production effects in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
Learning CAT Rigging Tools in 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley2h 33m Intermediate
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Render Elements
2. Introduction to State Sets
3. Project - Rendering Our Elements
4. Project - Interoperability with After Effects
5. Project - Post Production in Adobe After Effects
What next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.