Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Detailing the shape, part of Game Art: Model & UV Map a Low Poly Character.
- [Instructor] Having done a basic block out of the area…on our model in which we want the robot's eye to sit,…we are ready in this video…to take a look at adding some further refinements.…Carrying on from where we left off…in the previous exercise then,…let's make sure that we have both the low poly…and high poly meshes in Isolate Mode.…And then, with the low poly mesh selected,…let's enter Borders of Object Mode.…In here, we want to select the eye socket area,…and then apply a Spherify Modifier to it,…which will give us a helping hand…with the placement of our edges.…
We can then add and edit poly modifier,…and adjust their position as we see fit.…Still in Border Mode, and with the socket area selected,…we can then go ahead and cap the hole.…Now you may be wondering why we created…an open chamber earlier only to go ahead and cap it now.…Well the reason is that had we applied the Spherify Modifier…to the polygons…rather than to an open border as we have here,…then we would have had to clean up the positioning…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Appropriate for all
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.