- In this video, we're going to take care of…a little bit of work left in order to finish…off detailing the piston support…that we started creating…making sure that it is ready for the unwrapping stage.…Let's come back into polygon sub-object mode…if we are not there already.…And make sure we have the end polygon selected.…Once done, we want to shift click on the extrude tool.…And set the height to around about 1.8 cm.…And click OK.…
We can then enable the scale tool via the r key.…And scale in the z or the axis in order to match…the high poly mesh.…And then we want to extrude again…matching up to the end of the high poly geometry.…So then extrude of around about 7.6 cm…should do just nicely.…At this moment in time we have this shocking pole…essentially an area where five or more edges converge…on a mesh.…
Which would be fine…if it were on a hidden area on the geometry…but as it clearly isn't…we're going to hit the delete key…and then come into sub-object mode…so that we can then close to select the open border…and then control click to jump into edge sub-object mode…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Intermediate
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.