Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Detailing the drive wheel, part of Game Art: Model & UV Map a Low Poly Character.
- [Narrator] Okay, so in this video we're going to finish…up detailing the drive wheel that we have been building.…So go ahead with that.…Let's first of all select our low poly mesh,…and then just right click and rename…the last edit poly modifier that we added.…I'm calling it base_extrude before we move on,…and then click to add another edit poly…at the top of the stack.…If we jump into polygon sub object mode,…we can see that this selects all of our original polygons.…So let's just hold down the ALT key,…and deselect the middle polys on each of the sides…as seen in the right view port here.…
We might need to do some adjusting when we come to bake out…our normal maps, but for now this should work just fine.…Let's then middle click on the perspective view port…just to give it focus and then shift click on the bevel tool…in the polygons panel.…We want to make sure that this is set to work…in local normal mode, and then set the height…to 0.15 centimeters, and the outline to -0.3.…This is just going to bevel all…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Intermediate
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.