Control pattern, size, and color of 3D procedural map.
- [Instructor] The map that I applied…on to this physical materials based…color map is an OSL Noise 3D Map.…And it is 3D in two different senses.…It's three dimensional in the sense…that there are three separate noise patterns…coming out at the X, Y, and Z outputs…and it's also three dimensional.…It's a pattern than extends in three dimensions.…It's not a flat image.…And wherever a surface intersects with this…invisible volumetric pattern that will determine…the color at that location on the object.…
And because of this, a 3D map or a 3D procedural map…does not require any mapping coordinates.…We don't have to have a UV layout to tell…the 2D image where to apply on to a 3D surface.…So 3D procedurals are very helpful.…There's also a noise in the OSL maps that is three…dimensional but doesn't have three separate outputs.…So let's drag that over just a standard OSL noise.…
And connect its output to the base color map.…And we don't actually need this…three different noises in one.…So we can actually select that and delete it.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.