Define lighting and material options per viewport
- [Voiceover] For each view port,…we can define its display quality settings,…for example, whether we want ambient occlusion.…Which is the contact shadows here.…Or high quality textures, and so on.…And store all of that in a custom preset, per view port.…The per view port settings are…avaliable from the menus,…either the third or the fourth menu.…In the third menu, at the bottom,…you will see per-view presets.…In the fourth menu at the bottom,…per-view preference.…
The per-view preferences tab,…allows us to, for example,…enable selection brackets.…Or display selected objects with edged faces.…We've got a perspective field of view parameter,…which we didn't have before in 3ds Max.…I'm actually more interested in the…per-view presets tab.…And over here, I can, for example,…determine the optimal setting for…my scene and hardware,…so I'll get good performance in the view port,…and balance that with the look.…
For example, I'm not really interested…in the ambient occlusion that's appearing here.…My rendering's not gonna have that anyway,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- New viewport display menus
- Using the standalone Asset Library
- Visualizing computational fluid dynamics
- Exporting to Print Studio for 3D printing
- Saving models and animation with the Game Exporter
- Building complex objects with new Booleans
- Modeling and mapping with new TextPlus primitive
- Editing keyframes with new Curve Editor tools
- Applying skin weights with Voxel and Heat Map solvers
- Mapping spline textures with shape maps
- Simulating surfaces with Physical Material
- Rendering with ART
- Rendering in the cloud with A360
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. The New 3ds Max Interface
2. Assets and Interoperability
3. Modeling and Animation
4. Materials and Mapping
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.