Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Defining After Effects color settings, part of Creating Product Shots in 3ds Max.
…For compositing and image manipulation in this…project we will be using Adobe After Effects.…Our course there are a lot of programs…we could choose, for example, we could use Nuke…or Photoshop, and you maybe wondering since this…is a still image why I'm not using Photoshop.…It's because Photoshop doesn't really handle 32 bit color properly.…It's got some issues, especially when you try to down convert from 32 bit to 8 bit.…It actually changes the colors in that process.…
And that's very frustrating, especially if you worked very hard…to get the colors just right, and then at the…very last stage when you try to convert the color…space it alters all the colors, and that's very problematic.…So, I don't recommend using Photoshop if you're dealing…with a 32 bit color space like our EXR files.…However, After Effects deals with 32-bit just right,…and so it's perfect for our needs here.…Additionally, if you did have an animated…sequence, like a turntable rendering of your product,…then of course you wouldn't really effectively…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Want to learn how to create the same effect with Maya? Check out Creating Product Shots in Maya.
- Importing solid models as 3ds Max body objects
- Working with the scene layout, hierarchy, and display layers
- Building Arch & Design materials
- Creating area and photometric lights
- Setting exposure control
- Optimizing indirect illumination with Final Gather
- Image-based lighting with high dynamic range files
- Lighting with self-illuminated geometry
- Rendering to high dynamic range
- Saving render passes with Render Elements
- Adding ambient occlusion
- Layering and color correction in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Laying Out the Scene
2. Studio Lighting
Controlling Final Gather3m 57s
3. Shading Models with Materials
4. Image-Based Lighting
5. Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.