In this video, learn how to illuminate a scene with sun and sky.
- [Instructor] Convincing natural sunlight is the key…to making an exterior rendering shine.…Many types of interior architecture…must also be rendered with natural daylighting.…The basic elements of photorealistic day light…are the same in any renderer.…The sun provides directional or key lighting,…additional and environmental light comes from the sky,…and global illumination traces indirect light…as it bounces off of surfaces.…Most programs provide a physically accurate…daylighting system, complete with sun, sky, and haze.…
The photometric model may be different…in different renderers, but the goal is the same,…to simulate the lighting conditions…when the sun is at a certain place in the sky.…Sometimes this can be calculated automatically…from geographic and chronological information.…Otherwise, we can always set an elevation…and azimuth for the sun…and the color of the sky is automatically adjusted.…Sky color is also dependent on the atmosphere.…Sun and sky systems have control…for atmospheric effects, such as haze.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Choosing a visualization app
- Managing assets
- Shading with materials and textures
- Daylighting, practical lighting, and studio lighting
- Lightbox and macro photography
- Vehicles and large-scale objects
- Architecture and interior design
- Technical illustrations
- Rendering passes and light groups
- Rendering for print, prepress, and broadcast
- Animating turntables and orbits
- Rigging and animating a walkthrough
Skill Level Beginner
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
1. Preparation and Layout
2. Lighting and Shading
4. Rendering and Image Manipulation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.