Simulate sun and sky lighting for ART rendering
- [Voice over ] The sun positioner is a daylighting system,…for the ART renderer.…If you've ever used mental ray, sun and sky,…this is very similar, but simpler.…Ironically the name is a bit misleading.…Position of the control object is not relevant…here and it does not affect the lighting.…Position refers to the location…of the sun in the sky.…Let's create a sun positioner that's found…in the create panel, in the light section, sun positioner.…
In the top view click and drag, and hold down the mouse.…When you're creating the compass rose…for the sun positioner. When you realease the mouse,…and leave the mouse button up,…the next time you move the mouse,…you will set, an off-set parameter for the rotation…of this compass rose. I drag the mouse now.…Suddenly, north is pointing towards my cursor.…Ok, so that's a little bit unorthodox and will take…a little bit of getting used to.…
When you release the mouse, you're now setting…a rotation off-set, if you don't want to set…a rotation off-set, just don't move the mouse.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- New viewport display menus
- Using the standalone Asset Library
- Visualizing computational fluid dynamics
- Exporting to Print Studio for 3D printing
- Saving models and animation with the Game Exporter
- Building complex objects with new Booleans
- Modeling and mapping with new TextPlus primitive
- Editing keyframes with new Curve Editor tools
- Applying skin weights with Voxel and Heat Map solvers
- Mapping spline textures with shape maps
- Simulating surfaces with Physical Material
- Rendering with ART
- Rendering in the cloud with A360
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. The New 3ds Max Interface
2. Assets and Interoperability
3. Modeling and Animation
4. Materials and Mapping
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.