Let's start attaching our mesh together. We will need to fix the topology in a way that allows seamless attachment. To do this, we will use the cut tool and cut squares in each corner of our mesh so that we can then attach and weld the other mesh parts.
- [Instructor] Before we go ahead and attach…all of the GAD pieces that we have created here,…it would probably be a good idea to do one final check…on the original component, just to be certain…that everything is as we need it,…which, unfortunately, is not actually the case.…You see, in reality,…if I just select one of our pieces here,…we need each of these corners to have a square polygon,…which, as we can see, is not actually the case.…Now we could delete all of our copies, re-edit the original,…and then copy them all over again,…but given the power of Max's modifier stat,…and given the fact that all of our objects…still have the same polygon count,…that isn't actually necessary.…
Let's instead add a new Edit Poly modifier to our object,…and then right-click and rename it Cuts.…In the front view pod,…if we use alt and delete to maximize,…we can jump into edge sub-object mode…and engage the Cut tool from the Edit panel.…And then, add both a vertical and horizontal cut…close to the corner sections here.…In fact, it would probably be helpful here…
- Modeling with splines
- Creating a working grid
- Duplicating and welding components
- Extruding complex shapes from components
- Building shapes with primitives
- Applying subdivision creasing
- Box modeling
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
1. Modeling with splines
2. Creating Complex Shapes from Components
3. Building with Primitives
4. Modeling with Edge Cuts
5. Box Modeling
What's next?1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.