Subtract one object from another.
- [Instructor] Our scene is set up…to satisfy the conditions for a Boolean subtraction.…We're going to cut a couple of holes…in this wall for some doors…and the important thing is that I've got…an edge loop, or a series of edges,…down the middle here separating the two cutting areas.…And the cutters themselves, these two boxes,…are actually positioned so that they…go all the way below the floor…and that way we won't have any…weird geometry there at the threshold.…
So to create the Boolean…select the wall east object,…go to the Create panel,…to Geometry,…and from the pull down list choose Compound Objects…and then click on Boolean.…Not Pro Boolean but just standard, ordinary Boolean…and the object is converted to a Boolean object.…But if it has a modifier stack that will be preserved.…Now we need to add the other operands…and in the operand parameters we can see that…the currently selected operand, wall east,…is of the type Union…because that is lit up in blue.…
And when we add another operand we need to…choose…an operand…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.