Change menus, icons, and interface layout.
- [Instructor] Let's look at customizing…the workspace in 3ds Max.…Basically I want to simplify the interface…and remove some of these screen elements…and only bring them up when I need them…and the first one I'll turn off is the ribbon…up here, we have the modeling ribbon.…I can once again show the full ribbon, expand that out.…If I want to hide the ribbon completely…there is a button on the main toolbar.…Show ribbon is currently enabled.…So I'll turn that off…and save a little bit of screen real estate…and also speed up the interface a little bit too.…
We'll come back to the modeling ribbon…when we come to the appropriate point in the course.…On the left we have a couple more panels…that we're not going to be using just yet…so I'm going to hide those as well.…On the left we have the viewport layout tabs…and we can hide that…by right clicking on the textured bar at the top…of any panel or toolbar.…So right click on that…and we get a context sensitive popup menu.…
At the top is the layout tab…and that's at the top because…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.