Change viewport and grid colors.
- [Narrator] Another important consideration…in the 3ds Max interface is the color of the background…and the grid in the viewports.…And I find that the default background…and grid colors are difficult to read.…For example, we have dark black lines…for the major axes, the World coordinate system.…And then we have some grid lines.…If you look really, really closely,…you will see that there is a slight difference…between some of those grid lines.…Some are a little bit brighter…and these ones here are just a shade darker.…
These ones that are slightly darker…are, in fact, the major grid lines…and the lighter ones in this case are the minor grid lines.…And this is kind of difficult to see…and additionally, this dark color scheme…may clash with some of the existing or…legacy interface elements, making it difficult for you…to manipulate objects and otherwise work in the program.…So, I strongly recommend that you set the viewports…back to their basic legacy colors…or the way that they used to be…before this new dark color scheme was promoted.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.