Change keyboard shortcut command binding.
- [Instructor] One of the great things about 3DS Max…is it's customizability.…We can assign keyboard shortcuts to almost any command.…And in this case I want to customize my keyboard shortcuts…in order to get quick access to the zoom extends…all selected command.…And that's down here in the extreme lower right corner.…Zoom extends all selected.…And what that does is it zooms all of the view ports…to enclose the selected object.…
So if I select something like this plant,…and click zoom extends all selected,…then all of the view ports zoom to enclose that object…or frame it.…Well there's no keyboard shortcut for that.…There is a keyboard shortcut for its sister command,…which is zoom extends all.…And that we can get at by holding down the mouse button…here and we'll get a fly out.…And the white cube here or white box is zoom extends all.…
And when I choose that from the fly out…it also commits the command.…So my view ports all zoomed out are all dollied back…to enclose all geometry.…Okay so that's zoom extends all.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.