Change tool and interface options.
- [Aaron Ross] Another important window to look at…when first setting up a 3ds Max installation or user…is found in the customize menu up here.…And it's the custom UI and defaults switcher.…Within this dialogue we have two sections.…On the left are the tool options.…These are settings for the default behavior of the tools.…And over here on the right we have user interface schemes.…And it's just basically the color of the interface.…
We're going to leave that at its default.…But over here in the tool options, I do want to change that…because the default up here is max.…And that's going to create standard…materials in the material editor.…And it's going to assign all objects…to not inherit the properties…of their enclosing display layer.…We'll get into what all that means later,…but in this course, I want to choose a different option…which is max.ART.…Click on that.…
And it tells us what it's going to do.…And basically it's going to assign the ART renderer…instead of populating the material editor…with standard or old school 3ds Max materials,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.