In this video, learn how to make some selective alterations to reflections in the scene.
- Now, unlike the Multi-Map render element … that we've looked at in the previous exercise … Cryptomatte doesn't typically require any extra setup … in the scene at all. … So no objects and all material IDs, … no unique color assignments or anything like that. … Though I do need to reiterate right from the start here … that on the downside, the Cryptomatte element, … can't be propagated through reflections … and or refractions … in the way that the Multi-Map element can. … Meaning that in certain scenes … or for use in certain charts, … the Multi-Map element may still be the better option. … To add Cryptomatte to our render elements list then, … let's with the Render Setup Dialog open … come to the Render Elements tab, … and then Add the Cryptomatte option. … In the ID type dropdown we are given five different options … for the way in which mats can be created. … So by default, we have the Node Name Option selected, … which appropriately enough creates mats … based on an object's name in the scene. …
This course was created by Brian Bradley. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use render elements in 3ds Max
- Output options in V-Ray Next and 3ds Max
- Using state sets for rendering in passes
- Compositing lighting and other beauty pass elements
- Exploring the render elements in depth
- Compositing an animated sequence from start to finish
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross3h 36m Advanced
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 37m Advanced
3ds Max and V-Ray: Exterior Lighting and Renderingwith George Maestri1h 35m Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
1. Rendering for Compositing
2. An Introduction to State Sets
3. Working with the Beauty Pass Elements
4. A Deeper Dive into Render Elements
5. Project: Working with an Animated Sequence
6. Compositing in After Effects
Next steps1m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.