- In the previous video, we looked at one way…in which we could go about creating…some edge wear for our wood texture.…The question we want to tackle now is…how do we go about creating the diffuse…color map that we want to use the edge wear on.…Well, zooming into the mid-section…of our diffuse wood frame here,…you can see that we have two uniform color nodes.…A dark brown that will essentially…serve as our main diffuse color…and a lighter brown that will show up in…the worn or damaged areas.…If I just double click on the main color node,…and then use the zoom extents tool in the 2D view,…we can in the parameter editor, click on the…color swatch to open up the color editor.…
Where we see that the R, G and B values…are set at 108, 87, and 48 respectively.…To save computing power, we have lowered…the nodes width and height values to -6 and -6.…Which gives us an output resolution of 32 X 32 pixels.…As the node is only supplying uniform…color information we really don't need…something as big as 2k simply eating up resources.…
- Modeling the wood frame
- Adding structural reinforcements
- Creating nails with primitives
- Unwrapping the wood and nails
- Combining UV elements
- Exporting the FBX file
- Creating the shader in Substance Designer
- Simulating weathering and edge wear
- Importing the mesh in Unreal Engine
- Applying the substance
Skill Level Intermediate
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
Learning CAT Rigging Tools in 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley2h 33m Intermediate
1. Modeling the Wood
2. Nailing It All Together
3. Unwrapping & Exporting Geometry
4. Creating the Shader
5. Bringing It All Together in Unreal Engine 4
Importing the mesh3m 5s
What next?1m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.