Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the wheels, part of Game Art: Model & UV Map a Low Poly Character.
- What we want to do in this video,…is make a start at creating the main drive wheels…that are a part of this assembly.…And so let's begin by dragging a Marquee selection…around both our low and high poly objects,…and then jump into Isolate mode.…In the left view port here, we are actually looking…at the model from the opposite side that we want.…And so, let's quickly change this over to a Right view…by pressing the V key with the cursor over our view port,…meaning we are now looking at the model from the front.…
To create the cylinder that we want to start with here,…let's press the Alt and W keys…in order to maximize our right view,…and then press S to engage the Snap tool.…We will need to zoom in a little bit here,…so that we can see the central vertex on our high poly mesh,…after which we can left click and drag…in order to create our cylinder's radius.…Once we release the mouse button,…we can press S to turn off Snaps,…and then just drag upwards and click,…so as to assign some hight to the cylinder.…And then, right click to end the creation process.…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Intermediate
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.