Model and manipulate text
- [Voiceover] Promotion graphics application…the new TextPlus object will make it a lot easier…for you to get really good looking text on the screen…and provide capabilities that you never had before…or that required a lot of hand labor.…Let's create the TextPlus object from the create panel…and the geometry section Standard Primitives TextPlus…and click and drag in the front viewport…to create the TextPlus region,…and as you resize that region,…you can see that the text is going to wrap inside the box.…
All right, once that's created…I'll go directly over to the Modify panel…and in the geometry rollout increase the extrude amount.…I'm getting closer in the perspective view with the wheel.…Press F4 to see edged faces.…Okay, so far it doesn't look any…different than a standard extrusion.…First of all, we have a lot of power…to edit the text itself.…We've got our standard text box up here…and we could change this up.…For example, we could change the font obviously.…
Maybe we'll do Arial Black.…Notice that some of the text…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- New viewport display menus
- Using the standalone Asset Library
- Visualizing computational fluid dynamics
- Exporting to Print Studio for 3D printing
- Saving models and animation with the Game Exporter
- Building complex objects with new Booleans
- Modeling and mapping with new TextPlus primitive
- Editing keyframes with new Curve Editor tools
- Applying skin weights with Voxel and Heat Map solvers
- Mapping spline textures with shape maps
- Simulating surfaces with Physical Material
- Rendering with ART
- Rendering in the cloud with A360
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with mental ray in 3ds Maxwith Brian Bradley4h 7m Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. The New 3ds Max Interface
2. Assets and Interoperability
3. Modeling and Animation
4. Materials and Mapping
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.