Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the support arm, part of Game Art: Model & UV Map a Low Poly Character.
- [Instructor] In this video, we're going to look at…creating the first part of the arm…that connects to the support piece…that we have already created.…Let's begin then by selecting our high poly mesh…in the view pod, and then after entering isolation mode,…click to use the Zoom Extents On button…so as to frame up our view parts.…Coming over to the Create tab in the command panel,…let's click to enter create mode,…find the cylinder primitive, and then just make sure…that we are using a front view by hovering the mouse cursor…over the view pod that we want to change…and then hitting the F key on our keyboard…if we don't have a front view already.…
With that done, we can click and drag in our view…so as to create a radius for the cylinder.…Then, after releasing the mouse button, drag up…and click in order to set a random height.…We've used arbitrary values for the cylinder here…because I already know the dimensions…of the original high poly mesh,…and so, over in the Modify tab,…let's give our cylinder a radius and height value…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Intermediate
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.