Automate physically accurate daylighting.
- [Narrator] Adding photometrically accurate daylighting…is super easy in 3ds Max 2019…with the sun positioner object.…The sun positioner creates a light icon…that you can manipulate using parameters.…And it provides illumination and a sky background…complete with a sun.…Before we do this, we want to check in…on our environment settings…so that we can see how adding the sun positioner…changes those settings.…We can go into the rendering menu…and open up the environment dialog…or just press the eight key on the keyboard.…
And in this scene I have no environment map…so my background is currently just a solid black color…and no exposure control…because there are no lights in the scene currently.…And if I do an active shade rendering of this,…click on active shade which is the tea pot with a triangle,…I've got the Arnold renderer set up.…And since there are no lights, it looks pretty bland.…Okay, I'll close the active shade…and create the sun positioner.…From the create panel, go to lights, photometric,…and click sun positioner.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.