- [Instructor] There are several ways we can create grass,…and one of the common ways is that usually artists…create a strand of grass from a geometry,…and then using the Scatter tool, they scatter it…over a surface to create grass.…Now, I'm going to use a different and easy method…for creation of stylized grass, which would help us…meet the art style as well.…I have created this plane, and I'm using the same scene…where I created the vegetation or the flowers previously,…because I want to keep all my grass and flowers in one scene.…
Later I can export that into my original structure scene.…Now, the grass I will create here, actually I will…save the preset once I have finalized the looks,…I will save it as a preset and then I can…load that preset in my original scene.…To start the process, first let me tell you…that I have set my renderer to V-Ray.…If I press F10 and bring my render setup menu,…scroll down and in my Assign Render tab,…if I click Choose Renderer, I have actually set it…to V-Ray, so if you have V-Ray in your list,…
First, Zaheer explores artistic ways to block out the basic forms of your structure, such as using exaggerated proportions and irregular, tilted shapes. Next, he shows how to add details to the forms. Then he demonstrates how to add the more stylized elements including textures, imported materials, color refinements, and lighting. He wraps up the course by wrapping up the workflow, making final render passes and preparing the scene for export. Along the way, he covers art creation, modeling, compositing, and more.
- Exploring the elements of stylization
- Analyzing a reference image
- Blocking out basic shapes
- Reshaping forms
- Creating details
- Creating stylized elements
- Creating materials in 3ds Max
- Color correcting materials
- Preparing materials for export
- Importing elements into a scene
- Adding lights to a scene
- Setting up V-Ray Renderer
- Fixing issues with renders and lights
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 58m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
1. Blocking Out Basic Shapes
2. Adding Details to Basic Shapes
3. Creating Stylized Details
4. Creating Textures, Exporting, and Rendering
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.