- [Instructor] I usually create my vegetation…including flowers and grass in a separate scene…so I have started a fresh scene.…We're going to create all flowers…and grass in this scene.…Later we can import that into our structure scene…where we created the building.…Now, to start modeling the flower…I'm going to create a Plane in the top viewport.…Now, I will be creating one flower…quickly telling you or showing you the technique…and then you can replicate that…and create several valuations.…That is actually very easy.…
Now, I'm going to maximize my top viewport…and press g to turn off my grid.…Now, I will go to the create panel…and set the Length and Width segments…to 3 and right click convert that into Editable Poly.…I'll press one to go to vertex mode,…select these vertices and move them upwards.…Select the lower vertices and drag them slightly…more than the top vertices we dragged.…I will select the middle vertices, press r…and scale that upward.…Now, we have the shape of a leaf here.…
So, this could be one type of leaf…
First, Zaheer explores artistic ways to block out the basic forms of your structure, such as using exaggerated proportions and irregular, tilted shapes. Next, he shows how to add details to the forms. Then he demonstrates how to add the more stylized elements including textures, imported materials, color refinements, and lighting. He wraps up the course by wrapping up the workflow, making final render passes and preparing the scene for export. Along the way, he covers art creation, modeling, compositing, and more.
- Exploring the elements of stylization
- Analyzing a reference image
- Blocking out basic shapes
- Reshaping forms
- Creating details
- Creating stylized elements
- Creating materials in 3ds Max
- Color correcting materials
- Preparing materials for export
- Importing elements into a scene
- Adding lights to a scene
- Setting up V-Ray Renderer
- Fixing issues with renders and lights
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 58m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
1. Blocking Out Basic Shapes
2. Adding Details to Basic Shapes
3. Creating Stylized Details
4. Creating Textures, Exporting, and Rendering
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.