Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the single wheel, part of Game Art: Model & UV Map a Low Poly Character.
- [Instructor] In this video, we're going to set…about creating yet another low poly wheel.…And similar in shape to the two wheel setup…that we have already created,…only in this instance this will just be a single wheel.…To get started then, let's select our…low poly two wheel mesh,…come over to the Modify tab in the Command Panel,…and then after jumping into Element Sub-Object Mode,…select one of the wheels.…We can then press the W key to engage the move tool,…and then whilst holding down the Shift key,…left click and drag along the Y axis…in order to create a clone or copy.…
Now we could Clone to Element here,…which will append a new object…and keep it as part of the current mesh.…On this occasion though, what we want to do is choose…the Clone to Object option and click OK.…After which we can exit Sub-Object Mode…for the wheel assembler.…We can then select our single wheel.…And press the Alt and A keys in order to engage…the align tool and then go ahead and select…the single, high poly wheel that we also…have sitting in the scene.…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Appropriate for all
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.