Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating and setting up RealFlow projects, part of Up and Running with RealFlow.
- Project and asset management in RealFlow…is different than what you might be accustomed to…from Maya or 3ds Max, or any 3D program.…In RealFlow, a project and a scene…are almost the same thing.…When you create a scene, then a project folder structure…is created automatically for that scene,…and will have the same name.…And if you have multiple scene files…within the same project folder,…they will all refer to the same caches,…in other words the same particles or mesh files.…
This is different than what you would experience in Maya,…where if you save a cache for a particle system,…it will automatically have the name of the scene file…on the cache, and that way you can have…many scene files within the same project…and the caches don't get mixed up.…But in RealFlow, once again, this is not how it works,…and all of the scene files within a project folder…will refer to the same caches.…This basically means that for each new scene,…you need to have a new project in RealFlow.…
Now, you can have multiple versions of the same scene,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
You'll learn how to create small-scale effects with standard particles, create free-flowing water effects with the Hybrido solver, and simulate open bodies of water such as oceans and ponds with RealWave. Author Aaron F. Ross also shows how to control interactions between objects and fluids with Caronte, the rigid- and soft-body physics engine included with RealFlow.
- Understanding the RealFlow pipeline
- Importing scenes from other 3D programs
- Emitting standard particles
- Caching data
- Simulating a Hybrido fluid
- Creating a Caronte rigid body
- Converting particles and fluids to mesh
- Exporting scenes
- Rendering with mental ray
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Getting Familiar with RealFlow
2. Particle Simulation
3. Hybrido Simulation
4. RealWave with Caronte Rigid-Body Simulation
5. Interoperability with 3D Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.