Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating or setting a 3ds Max project, part of Advanced 3ds Max and Maya Integration.
- If you don't have the Exercise_Files you need…to create a 3ds Max project to store the new files…that you create over the course of these lessons,…we've got a folder for that already.…I created it in "My Documents," "3dsMaxMyIntegration."…Open that, and I've already got a MayaProject folder there.…The best way to create a 3ds Max project…is to create the root folder by hand.…Right click and choose New, Folder,…and call it "Integration3dsMaxProject."…Then open 3ds Max and go up into the Caption Bar area here.…
Click on the "Folder" button, and that will allow us…to assign a new project folder.…Click on that.…Navigate into the current user's documents,…"3dsMaxMyIntegration," and choose the folder…that we just created, "Integration3dsMaxProject."…Since that folder is empty, 3ds Max will create…a project folder structure for us.…Click "OK."…We can verify that if we want.…We can minimize 3ds Max and check in…if we go into "Integration_3dsMaxProject"…we've got all the requisite sub-folders there.…
Okay, if we want to now point to an existing project folder,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Managing and tracking assets
- Setting up a shared texture library
- Streamlining user interfaces
- Using Maya mode hotkeys in 3ds Max
- Harmonizing scene units and frame rates
- Rendering procedural textures to bitmaps
- Translating scenes with the FBX file format
- Correcting materials, lighting, and surfaces
- Using the Send To command
- Baking animation to keyframes
- Saving a geometry cache
- Distilling complex animation with Alembic
Skill Level Advanced
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
1. Managing Assets
Asset tracking in 3ds Max4m 19s
2. Harmonizing Preferences
3. Transferring Materials
4. Transferring Models and Animation
5. Transferring Data with Alembic
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.