Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the scoop base shape, part of Game Art: Model & UV Map a Low Poly Character.
- In this particular video we're going to…set about creating our scoop geometry.…And we're going to start this not with a cylinder…which we seem to have been doing…all the way through the project,…but instead with a plane.…To do that let's click to select the high polyscoop mesh…in view plot and click to enter isolate mode.…Let's change our left view for the moment…to a front view by pressing the f key…followed of course by using the zoom extend all tool…so that we get a good view of what is going on here.…
In the create panel let's select…the plane perimetrive option,…after which we can left click and drag…in the front view plot to create a plane…that roughly matches the dimensions of the scoop geometry.…We are going to want to make some changes here…and so once we end the creation process with a right click…we can come over to the modify tab…and set the length and width values…at 41 and 88 centimeters respectively.…Just to give us the rough proportions of our geometry.…
We also want four by four in the length and width segments…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Appropriate for all
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.