We have already looked at making use of components in connection with building up to larger models, In this section, we will use the same technique, but also use the power of the edit poly modifier to copy and paste operations to other areas of our model.
- [Instructor] As noted, we're going to be modeling…a reasonably complex piece of geometry…over the next few videos…in the form of the grill or guard…that covers the main viewing port on the helmet.…To make a start then,…let's select the hatch geometry…and hit the isolate button,…so that we can work for a while…in a clutter-free environment.…In the front view port,…let's hit alt and W to maximize the view,…and then use the zoom extends all button…to nicely frame ourselves up on the mesh.…In the create tab on the command panel,…let's click on the plane option,…and then click and drag in the view port,…in order to create one.…
It doesn't really matter what size…because before right clicking to exit create mode,…we're going to come to the creation parameters…in the command panel…and set the length and width values…of 4.5 and then eight centimeters, respectively.…Whilst we are here,…let's also set the length and width segment options…to one and three, respectively.…And then, right click in the view port,…so as to exit create mode.…
- Modeling with splines
- Creating a working grid
- Duplicating and welding components
- Extruding complex shapes from components
- Building shapes with primitives
- Applying subdivision creasing
- Box modeling
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Intermediate
1. Modeling with splines
2. Creating Complex Shapes from Components
3. Building with Primitives
4. Modeling with Edge Cuts
5. Box Modeling
What's next?1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.