Model procedural doors and windows.
- [Instructor] In the previous movie,…we used the Quick Slice tool to chop…some new edges on this wall north object.…Now we're ready to actually blast a hole…for these doors and fill up any gaps…with the Create Polygon tool.…Let's hide everything else in the scene.…Select the wall north object.…And Enable Isolate Selection down here.…Now, everything else is hidden.…With that object selected, on the Modeling ribbon,…we can go into Polygon Subobject mode.…
We can select the polygons we wish…to delete in the front viewport.…And I'm in Selection Crossing mode,…so that means that anything I touch will be selected.…Click and drag a rectangle,…and those three polygons are selected:…front, back, and bottom.…I'll go back to the Perspective view,…right click in that panel and maximize with ALT + W.…Orbit around and we've got those three polygons selected.…We'll just delete them.…
Press the Delete key on the keyboard.…And now we have some gaps.…If I select another polygon and orbit around,…we can see that there are some holes in the model.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.