Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the piston connector, part of Game Art: Model & UV Map a Low Poly Character.
- [Instructor] As already noted,…we are ready now…to create the last modeling piece for the chapter.…And so, let's select the last part…of the high poly reference mesh…for the piston arm,…and use the isolate command.…Follow by clicking the zoom extents all button…in order to frame up on the geometry.…Over in the create tab,…let's click to create a cylinder…and then drag that out…in the left viewport…so as to create a random radius and height.…We can then customize this…and so let's give it a radius of 1.7 centimeters,…a height of one centimeter,…height segments of one,…cap segments of two,…and then, finally,…set the sides value at 12.…
After which, we can add our modeling material…to the low poly mesh.…We can align this…to the high poly geometry…by pressing the Alt + A keys…and then by clicking on the high poly mesh itself.…Now, because of the high poly geometry's…pivot point placement,…we can set the current object…to use the center option.…And the target object…to use the pivot point option.…As the cylinder primitive…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Appropriate for all
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.