Create and transform photometric lights.
- [Instructor] With our renderer chosen…and a neutral gray diffused material assigned…to all objects in the scene…we are ready now to add lighting.…Go to the Create panel…and within the categories we have Lights.…Click on the light bulb icon…and within that we have three…options in this pull down list.…Photometric,…Standard and Arnold.…Arnold is, obviously, the native light…for the Arnold renderer…and it's going to only work with the Arnold renderer…but it will have the most features.…
And the Arnold light can be configured…to represent any light source you can imagine…including a standard point light,…an area light,…a spotlight, a sky dome, et cetera.…The Standard light, if we go to that category,…we see that there are several options there…but these are really legacy lights that…are not photometrically accurate…and the only time you would want to use these…is if you were using a legacy renderer…such as the Scanline renderer…or maybe the Quicksilver hardware renderer.…
In this course we're going to be looking…at the photometric lights…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.