- Coming back to the Diffuse Metal Frame…in our substance graph, we can take a look at…how the surface color for our nails is being created.…But the first element in this part of the chain being a…Fractal Sum Two Node, which we are using to generate…quite a bit of speckled detail for the surface.…We are piping this, first of all, into a Gradient Map Node…to give us a cooler output.…And then, into the foreground input of a Blend Node.…We also have here, a Uniform Color Node,…which if I just double click, shows that we are using…a, g and b values of 186, so a light gray.…
Which is then piped into the background input…of a Blend Node.…This has an opacity of 0.34, with the Blending Mode…set to multiply.…This, as you can see if I double click the Blend Node,…so as to look at it in the 2D view,…gives us a nice bit of tunnel variation…to go along with the smaller nodes or spackles.…Let's right click and apply this to our 3D view,…so that we can see just how much that variation…is going to add to the diffuse color of our nails.…
- Modeling the wood frame
- Adding structural reinforcements
- Creating nails with primitives
- Unwrapping the wood and nails
- Combining UV elements
- Exporting the FBX file
- Creating the shader in Substance Designer
- Simulating weathering and edge wear
- Importing the mesh in Unreal Engine
- Applying the substance
Skill Level Intermediate
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
Learning CAT Rigging Tools in 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley2h 33m Intermediate
1. Modeling the Wood
2. Nailing It All Together
3. Unwrapping & Exporting Geometry
4. Creating the Shader
5. Bringing It All Together in Unreal Engine 4
Importing the mesh3m 5s
What next?1m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.