Learn how to organize multiple material graphs in separate tabs.
- [Instructor] The main graph area here in Slate…is called a view,…and something that's in the view…is not necessarily in the scene.…It's not necessarily assigned to an object.…It's just a staging area for creating materials.…And if you wish, you can have more than one stage.…If you right click on the View1 tab,…you'll get a popup menu,…and from there you can do things like rename the view…or delete it.…You can also create a new one.…And you can also create by right clicking…on an empty slot here.…
Create new view.…And you can give it a name.…I'll just accept the default of View2.…And now we've got another tab…and we can choose them here.…We can also choose them up here if you we want,…but that's kind of unnecessary…because we can just click on the tab.…If I go over to View2,…I can now start dragging things in.…I think I'll drag over another physical material,…double click it to load it into the parameters,…and choose a preset.…Let's do rough concrete…and call it concrete physical.…
And let's load another preview.…Right click on the node for the material…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Streamlining material editor workflow
- Managing assets
- Referencing materials with XRefs
- Rendering the Physical Material
- Controlling highlights with Roughness
- Directing reflections and refractions
- Simulating translucency and scattering
- Building a shading network
- Combining and color correcting maps
- Baking maps with Render to Texture
- Procedural mapping
- Using relief maps: bump, normal, and displacement
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2018: Mastering UVW Mappingwith Joel Bradley2h 31m Intermediate
3ds Max 2019 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 39m Intermediate
1. Material Editor Tips and Tricks
2. Hard Surface Materials
3. Ray Tracing Techniques
4. Building Shading Networks
5. Advanced Mapping
Mapping a gradient ramp6m 31s
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.