Join Zaheer Mukhtar for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating materials in 3ds Max, part of 3ds Max: Stylized Environment for Animation.
- Now that we have created the texture,…it is time that we moved ahead and start using them.…But before that,…I want to mention one small thing over here.…When you're crating a new project in dDo…here in the Export Target,…your target might be set to something…different such as in my case,…it is set to V-Ray (sRGB)…so at the time when I'm exporting my maps…and I set my target to V-Ray (sRGB),…I am going to get Albedo, Specular, Gloss,…Normal and a Bump map.…
In your case, if it's different,…say for example if I chose Toolbag 2,…you're going to get Albedo, Specular, Gloss and Normal.…Now the two important maps I'm going to need…or use is Albedo and Normal…and maybe I will use a Gloss.…The other we can just skip them.…Let me quickly show you the maps that I just created.…Here are all the maps that I generated.…I have a Bump, Diffuse, Normal,…Reflectance and Glossiness map.…Like I said, I will mostly be using my Diffuse…and the Normal map so I'm going to discard my Bump…and Reflectance map and the Glossiness,…I can keep that.…
First, Zaheer explores artistic ways to block out the basic forms of your structure, such as using exaggerated proportions and irregular, tilted shapes. Next, he shows how to add details to the forms. Then he demonstrates how to add the more stylized elements including textures, imported materials, color refinements, and lighting. He wraps up the course by wrapping up the workflow, making final render passes and preparing the scene for export. Along the way, he covers art creation, modeling, compositing, and more.
- Exploring the elements of stylization
- Analyzing a reference image
- Blocking out basic shapes
- Reshaping forms
- Creating details
- Creating stylized elements
- Creating materials in 3ds Max
- Color correcting materials
- Preparing materials for export
- Importing elements into a scene
- Adding lights to a scene
- Setting up V-Ray Renderer
- Fixing issues with renders and lights
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 10m Intermediate
1. Blocking Out Basic Shapes
2. Adding Details to Basic Shapes
3. Creating Stylized Details
4. Creating Textures, Exporting, and Rendering
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.