Add objects and change basic parameters.
- [Instructor] Now that we've got the 3ds Max interface…all set up the way we want it,…let's learn about the basics…of creating and manipulating primitives.…A primitive is a building block object…like a box or a sphere…and we can create them from the main toolbar here…or from the Command panel,…so we have the Create panel over here.…Whether we create the object from the menus…or from the Command panel…we need to actually click and drag…in a specific method to create that primitive…and the method for creation…is different for each primitive.…
So, it might take a little bit of getting used to,…it's not like Maya or other programs…where you say create a cube…and then a cube is created…in the center of your world.…Here you have to interactively create that cube.…So, let's try it.…Click on the Box button,…and then in the perspective view,…click and drag, hold the mouse down.…And we're determining the length and width…of that box and we can see that over in the Command panel…under Parameters as we drag,…those numbers are changing.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.