Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the main support, part of Game Art: Model & UV Map a Low Poly Character.
- [Instructor] In this particular exercise,…we're going to create the low poly mesh…that our wheel support models are going to attach to,…which should be a fairly straightforward,…and easy piece of geometry to make.…To do that, let's click to select our high poly-mesh,…enter Isolate mode,…and then zoom extentile in the view port.…In the Create tab, we can click on the button…for the Box primitive,…and then click and drag to create one of these…in the right view port, remembering to right click…to end the creation process.…
Coming over to the Modify tab,…we need to make some adjustments…so as to have our box better match…the high poly reference mesh that we have.…So giving ourselves some rough dimensions to work with,…let's set the length to 6.5 centimeters,…the width to 34.8 centimeters…and the height to 2.37 centimeters.…We also want to make sure that…our length, width and height segments…are all set to a value of one,…and then, pressing the alt and a keys,…we can engage the Align tool…and click on our high poly mesh,…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Appropriate for all
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.